Additional Useful Websites:
- STEM Learning are offering a series of ‘Starters for STEM’ activities. These are ten activities that parents can use at home to help children develop their science, technology, engineering and maths skills. These activities are easy-to-resource and provide children with the stimulus to talk about the world around them.
- Nat Geo Kids and Persil are working in partnership to provide activities that involve getting messy, exploring and appreciate nature, all from the safety of home.
- Durham Music Service has launched it’s Youtube channel. Every day they will post a short musical learning video for your children.
- Living Streets will be releasing new resources and fun activities on a weekly basis. This will be a great way to keep you and your family active during lockdown.
- The Body Coach Joe Wicks has started daily workouts for children at 9am, Monday – Friday. PE with Joe is available to all.
Sign up to Pobble’s parent mailing list to receive home learning ideas and activities every week.
- Lingotot are releasing a remote learning class each week while the coronavirus crisis continues. All children can enjoy learning languages at home.
- Audible Stories have made their books available at no cost for as long as necessary. They are available to listen to on a laptop, desktop, smartphone or tablet.
- Here is a list of virtual tours you can take with your children. Free Virtual Tours of World Museums, Educational Sites and Galleries allows you to go on adventures all over the world from the confines of your own home.
- BBC CBeebies gives your child a chance to learn whilst they play fun games, watch clips, sing songs and make things with their favourite CBeebies characters and shows.
- Scholastic have put together a range of FREE home learning packs for children in response to the COVID-19 outbreak.