I am aware that there is an abundance of websites and information. Therefore we have created a Home Learning page for each year group to try and help you focus on what your child would’ve been covering in school. On each page there are links to the appropriate Maths and English activities for your child. Teachers have set English activities on Purple Mash for their classes so children need to look in their ‘To do’ list.
You will also find a Learning Grid with tasks that relate to Learning Challenge work for this half term. These relate to Science, Geography, History and R.E. They are in no particular order so you can choose for yourself.
Key Stage 2 children will have an extra link to Spanish lessons which are hosted by Lingotot. This will be updated weekly and will include video lessons and resources for your children to use.
Your children have log-ins for: Purple Mash, Times Table Rock Stars and Fiction Express.
The year group Home learning pages should hopefully make it easier for you to manage home schooling. Please do not feel pressured by what you see other’s doing on social media posts! You know your child best and what works for them! At this time the most important thing is that they feel safe and secure and there is nothing wrong in just enjoying quality family time and togetherness!
We have also signposted some websites below for you to browse to find additional materials. BBC Bitesize is providing a daily timetable covering lots of subjects which is really useful. The Department for Education have provided a useful list of online education resources to help children learn at home.
Daisy First Aid have kindly provided us with a series of activity sheets for your child. These are a fun introduction to learning life skills and the children will receive a certificate once all activities are complete.
As you know we are a Rights Respecting School and the Rights Respecting organisation (UNICEF) is focusing on one of the ‘Articles’ per week from the charter and creating a PowerPoint to support this. If you wanted to use the weekly pack as your ‘learning theme’ for the week you could do so by clicking on the logo below. The PowerPoints have lots of great activities that are easy and fun to do at home and provide lots of discussion.
This week’s article is: Article 28 – Every child has a right to an education
Happy ‘Home Learning’ everyone! A huge ‘Thank you’ to parents and fingers-crossed we will be back in school soon!
Additional Useful Websites:
- STEM Learning are offering a series of ‘Starters for STEM’ activities. These are ten activities that parents can use at home to help children develop their science, technology, engineering and maths skills. These activities are easy-to-resource and provide children with the stimulus to talk about the world around them.
- Nat Geo Kids and Persil are working in partnership to provide activities that involve getting messy, exploring and appreciate nature, all from the safety of home.
- Durham Music Service has launched it’s Youtube channel. Every day they will post a short musical learning video for your children.
- Living Streets will be releasing new resources and fun activities on a weekly basis. This will be a great way to keep you and your family active during lockdown.
- The Body Coach Joe Wicks has started daily workouts for children at 9am, Monday – Friday. PE with Joe is available to all.
- Lingotot are releasing a remote learning class each week while the coronavirus crisis continues. All children can enjoy learning languages at home.
- Audible Stories have made their books available at no cost for as long as necessary. They are available to listen to on a laptop, desktop, smartphone or tablet.
- Here is a list of virtual tours you can take with your children. Free Virtual Tours of World Museums, Educational Sites and Galleries allows you to go on adventures all over the world from the confines of your own home.
- BBC CBeebies gives your child a chance to learn whilst they play fun games, watch clips, sing songs and make things with their favourite CBeebies characters and shows.
- Scholastic have put together a range of FREE home learning packs for children in response to the COVID-19 outbreak.