The budget allocation is agreed between our school and the Local Authority at the beginning of each financial year. Detail of how this money is used to support children and young people with SEND is shown below. This is monitored each term by the Governing Body.
This is used to support children and young people with SEND by:
- deploying additional support staff to help children with SEND;
- assessing each child in a number of areas to identify children with SEND and reviewing their needs and programmes of learning.
- using a class screening process to identify early needs.
- setting targets and discussing them with the SENCO/Inclusion Leader so that individual progress is monitored;
- providing individual /group programmes to support needs;
- providing specialist resources where possible and appropriate;
- bringing in specialist support from the Local Authority and from Special Schools for individual children as required;
- involving other agencies such as health services the use of the Speech and Language Service and voluntary organisations;
involving parents of children identified as having SEND as much as possible including inviting them to attend regular reviews;
- providing in-service training for school staff to ensure good support for pupils with SEND;
- providing courses and further training for school staff to ensure good support for pupils with SEND is up to date;
- using the Positive Behaviour Policy to support and encourage good behaviour in school;
- working with the designated governor for Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) has regular contact with the teacher responsible for coordinating SEND provision at the school and thereby ensuring the monitoring and evaluation processes that are undertaken take place on an annual basis.
If a child has complex special educational needs, we could also receive additional funding from the Local Authority to meet the agreed outcomes.
A Costed Provision Map will be developed in liaison with the child, young person, parent or carer.If a child has complex special educational needs, we could also receive additional funding from the Local Authority to meet the agreed outcomes.
Full details about the way in which funding is allocated to schools for special educational needs provision can be found on the following link here
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.