Mrs Wendy Gill, Headteacher is currently leading on Inclusion and is the named SENCO. The designated SEND governor is Marjorie Kellett who liaises regularly with Mrs Gill on all issues regarding inclusion and SEND.
It is the role of the Inclusion Leader to:
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the school’s SEND policy
- Liaise with the relevant Designated Teacher where a looked after pupil has SEN
- Advise teachers on using a graduated approach to providing SEND support
- Advise on the deployment of the school’s delegated budget and other resources to meet the pupil’s needs effectively
- Liaise with parents/carers of pupils with SEND
- Liaise with and be a key point of contact for external agencies
- Ensure that the school keeps the records of all SEND pupils up to date
- Work with the head teacher and school governors to ensure that the school meets its responsibilities with regard to reasonable adjustments and access arrangements by phoning the school on 01388 603273 or sending an email to: email@example.com
- The Inclusion Leader supports all staff to enable them to provide appropriate provision and monitor the progress of SEND pupils in their class.
In school we have well trained Support Staff who have a range of qualifications all of which have accessed regular SEND training.
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.