Temporary Class Teacher
Required from September 2022 until August 2023
The Governors of Escomb Primary School wish to appoint a highly motivated, hardworking friendly and pro-active KS2 Class Teacher to join our team due to a maternity leave.
We are looking for an outstanding KS2 Class Teacher who:
• Has high expectations of all pupils with regard to learning and behaviour.
• Has a proven track record of excellent teaching demonstrating high standards of classroom practice using teaching and learning to motivate, value and nurture all children
• Is committed to achieving the highest outcomes for all pupils.
• Is willing to contribute fully to all aspects of school life engaging fully with parents.
• Demonstrates excellent subject knowledge and understanding of the National Curriculum
• Is a confident learner, innovating and adapting practice to meet personal needs.
• Is keen to fulfil a key role in our school and is committed to teamwork.
• Is actively engaged in their own professional development and eager to learn and apply new skills.
Our school can offer you:
• A thriving, well-resourced and attractive learning environment
• Friendly, enthusiastic children
• A dedicated, supportive and welcoming staff team
• Excellent opportunities for professional development and support
Escomb Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Applicants should state clearly their curriculum strengths, experiences and aspirations.
Visits to the school are encouraged, if you would like to visit school or you would like to know more about the job, please contact our Headteacher – Mrs Wendy Gill
Application forms are available to download.
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Any offer of employment will be subject to an enhanced disclosure DBS check.
Durham County Council is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We want to develop a more diverse workforce and we positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Applicants with disabilities will be invited for interview if the essential job criteria are met.
Where our roles are customer facing and you are required to speak to members of the public, the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required.
This post is not open to job share.
Closing date: Thursday 9th of June 2022 at 23:59
Interview date: Week commencing 13th June 2022
Escomb Primary School
Three Lane Ends,