Welcome to our School V.I.P (Voice in Pupil) section.
Pupil Voice is a real strength in our school: last year our School Council and Rights Respecting Ambassadors decided that they should be a combined group. They renamed themselves V.I.Ps (Voice in Pupils).
What We Do
Our School V.I.P students meet with Mrs Gill regularly to discuss ideas and improvements to our school and local environment. (We have a right to give our opinion and ask adults to listen and take it seriously – Article 12)
Our aim is to make school an even better place for everyone!
- We raise money for good causes
- We meet visitors to our school
- We make sure the pupils in our school have a voice
- We help to make decisions
- We support the development of British Values in our school
- We get things DONE!
Who We Are
At the beginning of the year, each class elected their new V.I.P. representatives.
Year 2 – Sam E and Elena W
Year 3 – Iris C and Oliver J
Year 4 – Keira B and Jack R
Year 5 – April G and Ethan O
Year 6 – Ava W and Jack R
What we have been doing?
Here are some of the things that our V.I.P.s have been involved with:
- Drawing up a V.I.P. school improvement plan
- deciding on awards to be given at Celebration Assembly and re-naming existing awards.
- Contributing to the new homework policy and Home-school Agreement
- Interviewing and selecting new Lunchtime Supervisory Assistant.
- designing new signs for school and the container
- designs for new playground markings
- designs for garden area
- organising whole school events and fund-raising
e.g. Children in Need, Anti-Bullying /Friendship Day, Mother’s/Father’s Day, Comic Relief Coffee morning, Celebration of UNICEF Rights of the Child.
Our V.I.P Board
We have a fabulous board in our school hall to display our photos and give information about our current projects.
Want to share your views on…. lunchtimes, playtimes, behaviour, rewards, lessons, fundraising or equipment? Speak to your V.I.P. or pop your idea in the suggestion box in the Office.
As well as class VIPs there are other roles in the school the children be part of, to express their ideas and voice their opinions.
WE NEED YOUR IDEAS!