We have had a positive start to the new school year and we have thoroughly enjoyed having all our children back in school. We have spent time going over rules and routines that will help keep everyone in our school community safe as well as sharing all our lockdown adventures!
Next week we will begin our ‘recovery’ curriculum where we will find out exactly where the children are with their learning in English and Maths addressing any gaps and beginning new learning . We will also be focusing on the emotional well-being of our children through a range of activities including outdoor activities, PE, Music and art.
Drop off and pick up arrangements have gone well! Monday sees us return as a whole school and it is really important that everyone sticks to their times to avoid any cross over of class bubbles. Please can I ask that you queue in the direction of the arrows on the posters rather than ‘grouping’ together. This will avoid you and your child having to stand on the road and will support social distancing measures which we must maintain at all times.
I have included information below about drop off and pick up times to address any queries you may have and also some information about packed lunches.
|Year Group||Start time||Entry to school via||Finish Time||Exit from school via|
|Reception||8.30-8.40a.m.||Reception yard gate||3-3.10p.m.||Reception yard gate|
|Year 1||8.50 -9 a.m.||Reception yard gate||3.20-3.30p.m.||Reception yard gate|
|Year 2||8.50 -9 a.m.||Main gate||3.20-3.30p.m.||Main gate|
|Year 3||8.30-8.40a.m.||Main gate||3-3.10p.m.||Main gate|
|Year 4||8.50 -9 a.m.||Car park gate||3.20-3.30p.m.||Car park gate|
|Year 5||8.30-8.40a.m.||Car park gate||3-3.10p.m.||Car park gate|
|Year 6||9.10-9.20a.m.||Main gate||3.40-3.50p.m.||Main gate|
Information to clarify drop off and pick up times:
- Siblings with the same drop off and pick up times:
- Please drop your eldest child at their entry gate and then take younger sibling(s) to their respective entrance gate
- End of the day: we will send all of your children to the same exit as your youngest sibling.
- Siblings with different start/finish times:
- Please bring all your children for the start time of your earliest child and to the earliest child’s drop off point. Staff will take all children from there and organise.
- At the end of the day all children will leave at the time of your child with the latest pick up time. We will make sure that all siblings are at the pick up point for your ‘latest’ child.
As from Monday children are able to bring a packed lunch. This must be in a disposable bag.
Please make sure that if there is anything in a wrapper, your child must be able to open this for themselves. As per risk assessment, staff will not be opening any packaging/wrappers due to cross-contamination.
I will continue to up-date you on any changes that we need to make to our arrangements.
Thank you for your continued support.