What We Do
Our School V.I.P students meet with Miss Hope regularly to discuss ideas and improvements to our school and local environment. (We have a right to give our opinion and ask adults to listen and take it seriously – Article 12)
Our aim is to make school an even better place for everyone!
- We raise money for good causes
- We meet visitors to our school
- We make sure the pupils in our school have a voice
- We help to make decisions
- We support the development of British Values in our school
- We get things DONE!
Who We Are
At the beginning of the year, each class elected their new School Council representatives.
- Year 1 – Freddie H and Loxley P
- Year 2 – James E and Alex L
- Year 3 – Boaz F and Erin S
- Year 4 – Jessica B and Jayden B
- Year 5 – Freya B and Darcey B
- Year 6 – Jake O and Cody G
What we have been doing?
Here are some of the things that our V.I.P.s have been involved with:
- Drawing up a V.I.P. school improvement plan.
- Deciding on awards to be given at Celebration Assembly and re-naming existing awards.
- Interviewing and selecting new Teaching Assistant.
- Organising whole school events and fund-raising (e.g. Children n Need, Anti-Bullying).
- Discussed with classes why school has rules so they could come up with Class Charters.
- Organised opportunities for children tp use field at lunchtime by sorting out a ‘Wellie Shed’.
- Discussed how to sort the lost property in school and how it can best be distributed.
Our School Council Box
Each class has a box in their classroom which they can add suggestion on how to improve the school and make it safer for them. They can also put in any issues they think may be affecting themselves of their classmates such as bullying.
Want to share your views on…. lunchtimes, playtimes, behaviour, rewards, lessons, fundraising or equipment? Speak to your V.I.P. or pop your idea in the suggestion box in classrooms