We adapt the curriculum and learning environment for pupils with SEN:
We aim to provide a rich, varied and differentiated curriculum that reflects the needs and interests of all pupils. We encourage parents/carers to work in partnership with us to ensure that all children reach their full potential during their time with us.
Teaching and resources are adapted to meet the needs of all pupils. A wide range of intervention programmes can be utilised by staff to support pupils with SEND to ensure that they make progress. School staff liaise with outside agencies and continue to monitor and evaluated the impact of interventions and support.
- Quality First Teaching and what this means for your child;
- Specific group work and what this may be;
- Specialist group support from outside agencies e.g. Speech and Language Therapy;
- Specific individual support for children whose learning needs are severe, complex and lifelong and what this means for your child;
- Range of teaching and learning styles;
- An innovative and supportive curriculum;
- Mentoring and Counselling;
- A broad range of extra-curricular activities, including homework club and learning centres;
- Differentiated materials.
More details on how we adapt information, our environment and curriculum can be found in the Accessibility Plan which you ca find in the School Policies section of our website.